10/01/2014

Yoga Retreat Day 1 & 2

The retreat consist of daily practice of yoga, pranayama (breathing practice) and meditation along with only Kitchari as meals.
My goal: reconnecting with myself and find clarity.

Our place for the morning

  • Day 1
1st day Kitchary

It feels really good to spend a morning in Yoga. I feel a little rusted although I practice yoga at home. I am more stiff. I feel my psoas in the posture (triangle, warrior, etc), not sure if it's good or not but I trust the process.
Kitchari morning, afternoon and night.
Afternoon with my horse.
Evening self Abhyanga (massage with oil).

The opportunity of doing the cleanse brings awareness of how the body and the mind works. For example I am not hungry but I crave for my "cote d'Or" chocolate:). It's more the habit of having seeds, chocolate, cheese at specific time of the day that I miss. Almost more a behavior problem then really the food itself.
End of the day, I feel very calm and light inside. My psoas and my lower back don't hurt. I don't feel anything. Yeah:)


  • Day 2

I was very happy to go to the retreat this morning. Today the focus was on the kidney and the theme of the day was kindness and gentleness toward ourselves. Danielle asked us to treat ourselves today like we do with the person we care the most and we are the nicest. Very good practice for me as I tend to put everybody's need before mine. We did a very gentle yoga practice. The pranayama was very powerful.
Things are getting clearer for me. Being immersed into the yoga/ayurveda world reminds me how much I love it, how much this is me. Also as I detoxify my body, my mind, I start to see what is toxic in my life and where I should and shouldn't put my energy.

 
Our backyard where we take a digestive walk.



Fall is a difficult time of the year for me, even in Hawaii. Because of my constitution (body nature or type. I am a Vata) I am easily out of balance in the fall season (it's the season when the Vata dosha predominates). I can feel it in every aspect of myself: my joints, my digestion, my emotions, my skin. This retreat is so welcome to help me balance.

No comments: